Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) program is designed for post-secondary students who own and operate businesses.
Young entrepreneurs can learn to promote their business and its value proposition by competing with other business owners. Participation in local, regional, and online competitions will result in worldwide media coverage for entrepreneurs and their businesses. Students can also meet and benefit from the experience of fellow entrepreneurs, the VIP judging panel, and industry representatives from the Entrepreneurs’ Organization.
Local finalists will compete against the Atlantic’s best for their chance to attend the National GSEA Competition in Toronto. The local winner will move on to compete against the world’s best student entrepreneurs at the Global Finals for their chance at the prize of $40,000 worth of cash and prizes. Additional global prizes also include services donated by EO members, such as web design, printing, public relations, and consulting.
$50,000 in Cash and Services
Global Final Rounds
April 26, 2020
Cape Town, South Africa
Canadian National Competition
January 22, 2020
Atlantic Regional Competition
November 5, 2019
Deadline: October 18, 2019
GSEA Global Winner 2017
GSEA Atlantic 2016 Champion – Peter Thiesen
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) was founded in 1987 by a group of young entrepreneurs. With over 10,000 members in 144 chapters in 48 countries throughout the world, we enable business owners to learn from each other to experience greater business success while forming strong professional and personal relationships.
We provide events, leadership development, a forum for online discussion, and educational opportunities with the goal of teaching, inspiring, and transforming entrepreneurs into active members of a global business community.
Deadline for entry is October 18, 2019.
Apply today for GSEA! You qualify for GSEA if: Requirements
- You are enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate* student at the time of application. Full-time enrollment is not required; part-time enrollment is acceptable.
- You are the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- Your business has been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- Your business has generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- You have not been one of the top seven finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- You are under 30 years of age
Know a student perfect for GSEA? Nominate them today!
Over $40K in cash and prizes to be won including:
- Flight, accommodations, and spending money for the Atlantic Champion to attend the National Competition in Toronto, ON
- A month of free retail space at the Halifax Shopping Centre over the holiday season + assistance in designing their pop up space, digital advertising, and PR promotion
- Entrance into the EO Accelerator program for 1 year
- A one year Performance Excellence Course for the top 3 finalists
- A one year Sales Foundation Program
- A website update valued at $5K
- One year of free reception services
- Mentorship from some of the top business leaders in Atlantic Canada
- And much more!